August isn’t too early to start prepping for NaNoWriMo, is it?
Since I last posted, I wanted to show you my new thing… Last year, I used a B6 travelers notebook as my writing companion for NaNo and a Coursera class in creative writing from Wesleyan, hosted through NaNo. Pictures are below, and I will try to credit sources for the content on the pages pictured.
My writing TN includes various inserts:
- Writing resources – general
- one for each of my WIPs
- character sketches, Meyers Briggs profiles, etc.
- Plot outlines
- Class notes from the Wesleyan course
- General “don’t forget to” notes as I write/edit
- “Maybe I could…” idea notes
- Trackers – word count, reading log, and 5 things (from M.M. Chouinard)
- plot embryo & Larry Brooks 4-part structure (yes, I know it says Larry King LOL); character motivations – Rachael Stephen
- NaNoWriMo Calendar – David Seah (provides a free one every year!)
- Editing process notes – Rachel Aaron
- Cut words – Sophie McManus – Coursera/Wesleyan course
I hope this sneak peek into my writing journal gives you some ideas you can work with for your own prep!